If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Louisiana.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Senate considering a bill to stop home grown food


I am so fed up with the Government trying to control every aspect of our lives but Senate bill S-510 will pretty much put the homesteader out of business.I just fired off a letter to my congressman telling him how I feel & encourage everyone to do the same NOW!! If they get this passed we are screwed.I don't like to say stuff like this but the day they come for my garden,rabbits,chickens & fish from my pond The shit will be hitting the fan if you know what I mean. Attached is a copy of my letter and I encourage you all to do the same.Good Luck to all we are gonna need it..................
Dear Mr Vitter,
I know you are a very busy man but I can not get over how Government(the left) is insistent on controlling everything in my life.I can see where they are using this egg recall crap to take control of the food supply.If these ass hats were to cook the damm eggs properly they probably wouldn't have gotten sick.To tell ya the truth Dave I don't eat a lot of food from the store.I eat my eggs right from the hen house,my veggies from the garden Rabbits & chicken from my yard & fish from my pond.AND I DON"T WANT WASHINGTON UP MY BUTT TELLING ME WHAT"S GOOD FOR ME.I've made it 54 years so far & I don't need Washington to tell me what to eat.If they want to check the food at the processors let them do it but leave the homesteaders alone!!They already have the power to check the food before it get's to the public but they are sitting on there BAss.Let them enforce the rules that are already in place before burdening us any more than they are.No offense Dave I'm happy with your service in the Senate but I have NO USE for the rest of Congress,Especially Mary Landrieu.Rally your buddies Dave & put a stop to this crap!! One more thing Dave... If this bill passes will this put a end to me eating my own food without The Government either taxing the hell out of me or coming to confiscate my food? please answer me that.We are depending on you Dave ..PLEASE don't let us down..
Thanks
PS> I don't think that the regular Joe will put up with this crap without some repercussions,
Thanks Again

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Louisiana Forum at www.LouisianaPreppersNetwork.net

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhino:

I am a bit confused about this bill. I have read it and do not see where it would affect the home gardener.

Here is a copy of the bill. Please point out which part is of concern to us. Thanks.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510&tab=summary

CoM

Rhino said...

In section 101-require that each person who manufactures, processes, packs, distributes, receives, holds, or imports an article of food permit inspection of his or her records if the Secretary believes that there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to such food will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.
I have to keep records of my garden? my chickens,rabbits?.I don't have a farm or restaurant so i guess I'm not excluded,this link you sent was just a summary also. Also if you expect another reply you could at least leave a name,I'm not going to reply to a ghost.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this may help: Dr Shiv Chopra of Canada Health says of this bill:"If accepted S-510 would preclude the publics' right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become themost offensive authoriy against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice.It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law, or if you like, the will of God."
This from a man who works with governmental policy and knows how to read and interpret them.
The main problem is it's total inclusion. It can not be done legally by small farms or micro farms or home gardens and it does not exclude those in any way. In our nation, when a law does not exclude someone, they are included.
So home gardens, micro farms etc must comply and of course they can't.

Louisiana Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Louisiana Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.