If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Louisiana.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why Prepare?

With the way things are going on in the world you would have to be a fool not to see that we are going to be in for a rough time ahead .Throw in a natural disaster & you will be in a bad spot if your not prepared. I never really considered being prepared at home until I went through Katrina.Well to make a long story short we were stuck on the roof of the building with minimal supplies for 3 days & lucked up and got to camp in the lobby of a hospital for another week before we could hitch a ride home and see if we had a house left.(just a tree sticking out of the roof) We didn’t get power restored for a month & had no preps at all.So I made the decision to do every thing in my power to be self sustaining on the Homestead.On this blog I will try to build a site to help others be prepared for whatever comes our way in this neck of the woods.I don't believe that a family can be prepared for EVERY bad situation or natural disaster so I have taken the approach of figuring out the most likely problems and work from there.To anyone even close to the coast that means Hurricane season is #1. I'm not advocating that everyone should stay home for a storm,that's a choice that each of your will have to decide.But if you do you must be prepared to handle your survival yourself,unless you want to wait on FEMA.I think everyone on the coast knows what that's like.I will try to break it down in future post so everyone can build on these ideas on the blog.So to all I say Welcome to this site!!

1 comment:

Riverwalker said...

A big Texas welcome Rhino!

RW

Louisiana Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Louisiana Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.